Could it be Vulvar Melanoma?

Hi to All.  Went to gyn for PAP last week and he found a dark triangular sized mark where the labia minora meet at the bottom (called the "fourchette").  The mark is between 1/4"-1/2" at its widest point.  I am scheduled for a punch biopsy the day after next to "rule out melanoma".  I noticed this mark there within the last year or so but thought nothing of it because it didn't hurt.  I just thought it was a vein or something.  I also have mild on again/off again itching above my clitoris which recently started.  (I recently had a bartholin's gland cyst removed (marsupialization) on 9/30/09 and had a LEEP done in 1991, at which time I was diagnosed with HPV).  I am petrified that I may have cancer.  Has anyone else out there ever had or know of someone who has had a similar problem and, if so, what was the outcome??