Metastatic prostate cancer

Hi, I have been diagnosed with Stage IV Prostate cancer.  There is lymph node involvement, but it is not detectible in the bone scan or any other organs. 2 years ago I had surgery and followed it up with radiation.  For a couple of  months after surgery the PSA was undetectable, but then came back. Radiation did not seem to have any effect on PSA velocity.  Since its recurrence after surgery, it has been doubling every 3 months or less. In August I started Lupron treatments.  At the end of October the PSA had dropped from 6.2 to 2.4, although there had been a bump in the number from the September test. When I look at life expectancy statistics I am not encouraged.  Most men in my situation appear to die within 3-5 years.  Just wondering if anyone in a similar situation could comment on what you've been doing and what treatments you have been undergoing.  I am 56 years old. Thanks, Jack