Tarceva questions

I have a lot of questions about Tarceva.  My Aunt who is basically my mother was told she has lung cancer and is in stage 4, i think because she only told me advanced lung cancer, which had also spread to her brain and lymphatic system.  We are currently living in different states so this is really hard to get her to do anything.  She started taking Tarceva about a month ago, she has a rash so bad the she can't put shoes on or even any clothing.  All of her fingers and toes have cracks in them, the doctor took her off the Tarceva on friday and told her to start taking it everyother day.  Besides the rash she has extremly swollen legs and feet, which make me worry about her liver.  I am trying to talk her into coming back up to MN to go back to Mayo.  I just need to know if anyone else has gotten this bad of side effects? I called a hotline and i'm waiting for them to call back. Just wondering if anyone had advice.