LUMP IN MY NECK - Please Please Please help.

Hello, i hope i haven't been to late to message to this neither. I have recently come across a lump in the right side of my neck. I've had it for about 9-11 months now - i told my mother and my mother couldn't really feel it. However, i was in work on thursday and went to rub my face - felt my neck an realised to myself oh god the lump in my neck has grown dramatically. It's the size of a 2 pence piece. I've been to the A&E and the lady i spoke to informed me that there is deffinately something there. However, we wasn't in the right setting to be taking any blood samples as we were in the A&E department and behind a curtain. And if there was any news to be told.. it wasn't the right time and place. I was with a friend - not a family member such as my mother. What she did say was that she would write me a letter and put it in the post to my GP to get me in for an urgent appointment to have my blood tests done. Getting to the point - i was sent home and told to go to my GP the following monday. I couldn't wait till monday so i went the following day which is the friday and the letter the lady said she was going to write it didn't arrive at the GP. so the lady had to tell me to go home until the letter has come in and asked me to call back in on monday and they will give me the blood tests there. Personally, i'm really worried about the situation so as yu can probably imagine - i couldn't wait until monday i'm going crazy thinking about what the hell it is! I decided to go back to a&e and i was then called into the room, i demanded that he took my blood tests although before taking my bloods the doctor said to me that taking my bloods couldn't really tell me anything as to what the lump in my neck was. And as i have personal experience of Lymphoma diseas (my brother had it) i know all the symptoms and everything.. the doctor then decided to take my blood test and they come back normal. Personally that doctor didn't treat me with respect whats so ever, he was joking about when taking my bloods and trying to! shrugg off everything i was trying to explain to him. Maybe the jokes were to keep me at ease but i personally was deffinately put at ease. As the results of the blood tests come back normal he then sent me home. Now i'm sat at home confused and annoyed as i'm back to where istarted! i haven't had any progress in knowing what the hell i have in my neck. As you probably can understand my frustration - has anybody got ANY information or any help as to what i should do next? I think im going to choose to get this thing in my next biopsied. Please get back to me as soon as possible as im worrying myself. Thanks ever so much.