How to help someone diagnosed stage iv cc?

I am a private care coordinator, or case manager. This is the first person I've been referred to who has a cancer diagnosis. As this individual has his own money, the state referred him to me since he did not qualify for public assistance. He has no insurance coverage but appears to have the financial resources to pay for his own treatments. In early July '09, he c/o severe abdominal pain and was taken by ambulance to a nearby ER in Honolulu when he fell unconscious. Apparently in the ER they determined he had a perforated intestine and scheduled him for emergency surgery. He was still unconscious. During surgery, doctor removed 1 foot section of intestine and installed cholostomy. In surgery, doctor found tumors; as doctor was not prepared for this discovery, they did nothing at that time except take biopsy of tumor. When my client came to after surgery, they informed him biopsy came back stage iv colorectal cancer; doctor told him he has 1 year. He has no regular doctor and is refusing any follow-up, including f/u with doctors so that I may learn more about their diagnosis and treatment plan recommendations. His spiritual beliefs lead him to believe this is suffering he must go through on account of his past transgressions against God. He says he is prepared to die. He doesn't want conventional OR alternative therapies. He has no family support and lives alone. I don't know where to start in offering him help that he doesn't want. I've found a lot of info here and places like cancertutor.com , and I've presented some info I've found to him. He signed releases so that I could gather medical records, but, honestly, I don't know what to make of them. I am trying to use my free time to learn what I can about cancer, conventional and alternative treatments. Anything at this point is appreciated. I need some direction.