Impatiently waiting for husband's diagnosis

Hello to all! I am the wife of a cancer survivor. My husband was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma, stage 3B, 10 years ago. He underwent a year of chemo/radiation. Within the 10 years, it has (mildly) come back twice. We caught it in time with surgery. He now has a large mass on his tonsil and swollen lymphnodes. He found the lump almost a year ago but didn't tell me until May. I don't know why he waited. Well, it has been such a trying few months. I made an appt with the doctor that treated him the last time. They said he was too booked to see him. So he had been dealing with the Nurse Practitioner. He has seen the ENT and was told he needed surgery but first, he needed a breathing machine for after. Our insurance approved it in August and their office was supposed to have it sent to our home. After 3 inquiry calls, they still hadn't sent it. Which has now prolonged the surgery another 2 months. So he's had this for 6 months with the ENT's knowledge. He is scheduled for surgery on November 17th. I am so confused as to why they are taking so long to treat my husband. We have 3 children and are in our mid-thirties. This has been taking such a toll and I am on the verge of tears all the time, just now knowing what is going on with my husband. Taking a deep breath.... thanks for reading... I needed to vent.