Just a few questions

Hi eveyone, I'm Kasey and I'm 29 and married with three kiddos.  I went to see my PCM a couple of weeks ago because I noticed there was some blood in my stools and they had become very narrow and frequent and I never felt like I was done going to the bathroom.  There's a few other symptoms, but that's the gist of it.  I waited about 2.5 months and kept putting it off thinking it would go back to normal.  My mom was finally the one who convinced me to go in since my grandmother was diagnosed with colon cancer several years back.  So I went in and she did a rectal exam and said there appeared to be irritation along the rectal walls, but that everything else seemed normal.  She then told me that she was referring my to a gastro doc since she didn't think that any of the changes I was experiencing was normal for someone my age.  I have an appt with the gastro doc on Dec 22.  Here are my questions: What should I expect at the gastro? Has anyone else had these symptoms? I guess that's it for now.  I'm a little worried, but not overly so.  I'm 29 and a very healthy person.  My odds should be in my favor I would think.  I just wanted to get some feedback.  Thanks everyone!