Need Your Help

Hey everyone!!!! I am a photo major at Herron School of Art in Indianapolis and FINALLY in my senior year. I have a show that is coming up Oct. 7 and the basis of my work for this show revolves around the idea of confronting or coping with cancer. I had thyroid cancer over 2 years ago and I know that working with my photography and expressing my emotiongs through has really helped me cope with the idea of having it. A lot of my work recently has really evolved around that idea and this year I really want to focus on other people's stories of confronting their cancer or disease and really show that expressing that through art really is a great therapy tool. Here is where you all come in.... Do you know anyone that has had cancer or a disease that would be willing to share a story, poem, song, etc. that has really helped them get through the tough time? I would need a photo of this person and whatever it is they use to get through a rough time or day. These would remain completely anonymous. The only other thing I would be including would be a diagnosed date. Basically I am taking the words and the outline of the person and etching onto a mirror. The mirror is to get viewers to put themselves into this person's shoes and see that they are not alone if they are experiencing a similar thing. If you have any questions just email me here on the forum I really appreciate it! Thanks, Erin Van Leer