souljacker on "Rectal cancer"

Greetings,

A very dear relative of mine has been diagnosticated with ulcerated rectal adenocarcinoma.

It caused an obstruction at her intestine. Despite that her health is very good. No pains, no weigh loss, no fever. The aggravating factors are: she is 61, obese and sedentary.

She is to go under a surgery the day after tomorrow in order to remove the tumor.

Has anyone had the same experience? Could you share?

Cancer is a very mystified disease we learned to face as a sure sentence to death. I’m trying to inform myself as much as I can to help her.

Do you have any books or articles that would be appropriate to help her understand best her disease and possible become stronger to fight it?

I’m from Brazil, it may be not easy to find then here but I’ll manage.